Message to Members
Welcome to the SKAL Toronto North – Club #681
Welcome to our Club – we have over 34 active, associate and life members who meet regularly to network and do business amongst our peers and friends.
If you are new to Skål, we invite you to join us at one of upcoming events to learn more about our club and how you can become a member.
Skål International is an International Association of Travel and Tourism Professionals. Membership is voluntary and open to travel and tourism professionals in managerial positions who qualify according to the regulations of Skål International. Skål is about Friendship and about ‘Doing Business with Friends’.
The simple Objectives of the Skål Movement are as follows:
- To develop friendship and common purpose between personnel in the travel and tourism industry.
- To foster goodwill and mutual understanding worldwide through international tourism and travel.
- To encourage and assist in the professional development of all but especially the young people working in, or training for, the travel and tourism industry.
By accepting membership in Skål International, travel and tourism professionals undertake to work towards the achievement of the Mission, Principles, Objectives and Purpose of Skål International as outlined in our Statutes and Bylaws.
Happiness, Good Health, Friendship, Long Life — Skål.
I look forward to welcoming and meeting you at our next event.
2020 SKAL Toronto North Club President
Inspirational Mentor of the Year
PCMA Canada East Chapter
Freeman Audio Visual Canada
November 18 2019 – Steve Bury, Senior Vice President, Sales forFreeman Audio Visual Canada – was awarded the Inspirational Mentor of the Year at the PCMA Canada East Chapter at the Canadian Innovation Conference.
The PCMA Canada East Chapter’s Awards of Excellence recognize members who exemplify the PCMA shared values of being passionate, connected, ethical and knowledgeable.
Josef Ebner Awarded
W.H Baxter Lifetime Achievement Award
The W.H. Baxter Lifetime Achievement Award was named after Baxter Publications’ founder, William Baxter (1919–2004) and honours a travel industry leader who has:
• Made a significant contribution domestically and/or internationally to the travel and tourism industry;
• Improved professional standards in the industry;
• Demonstrated successful innovation and entrepreneurial initiative; and
• Enhanced the industry’s standing with the general public.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE
SKAL HAMILTON CLUB
ON THEIR 40TH ANNIVERSARY!
From Left to Right: Frank Vismeg – Vice President, Rolf Schwartjze – Director, Sandra Stewart-Fearnside – President, Mark Iker – Director : Skål Hamilton Club
Susan Webb – President : Skål Canada, Keynote Speaker : Hon. Lisa Raitt – MP Milton, Claire Ingle – President : Skål Toronto North
Attending the 40th Anniversary hosted by the award-winning Burlington Convention Centre and Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Burlington
Join us on February 18 at the Cambridge Suites Hotel for a “Pot Lunch”
2020 Dates TBD
Check back for more details
December 2 16 2019